Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Small Mammal
brings together a wide range of information on diseases commonly seen in small exotic mammals into a single, accessible resource. With consistency and broad coverage unparalleled by other texts, this new edition adds sections on chinchillas, guinea pigs, and rodents to the existing rabbit and ferret topics to offer complete coverage of these popular, yet less commonly treated, species. Detailed, up-to-date information on the diagnosis and treatment options for all disorders commonly encountered in exotic companion animals is readily accessible, making this a go-to reference for any veterinarian seeing small exotic mammals, regardless of their experience level with these species.
Divided into sections by species, topics are organized alphabetically, with a standardized layout that makes it easy to find information. The Second Edition includes access to customizable Client Education Handouts, which can be downloaded and used in the veterinary clinic, on a companion website at www.wiley.com/go/oglesbee. This book is an essential purchase for general practitioners treating exotic companion animals, exotic animal veterinarians, and veterinary students.
- Provides a current, practical resource on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions and diseases seen in companion exotic mammals
- Offers one-volume coverage of a broad range of common disorders
- Adds new sections on chinchillas, guinea pigs, and rodents, with over 100 topics new to this edition
- Presents additional topics and complete updates in the existing ferret and rabbit sections
- Topics are listed alphabetically for efficient research and quick reference
- Includes Client Education Handouts, available on a companion website at www.wiley.com/go/oglesbee, for use in the veterinary clinic
Barbara L. Oglesbee, DVM, DABVP, is the Avian and Exotic Service Veterinarian at Capital Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center and is a Clinical Associate Professor at the Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
Table of contents