No other quick reference comes close in covering the diagnosis and treatment of hundreds of diseases in dogs and cats. Etienne Cote's Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, 2nd Edition
is like six books in one -- with concise topics within sections on diseases and disorders, procedures and techniques, differential diagnosis, laboratory tests, clinical algorithms, and a drug formulary. Revised from cover to cover, this edition includes dozens of new topics. It also includes free access to a fully searchable companion website featuring an electronic version of the text, all of the book's images, a searchable drug formulary, and 150 Client Education Sheets
in both English and Spanish.
- NEW! Dozens of all-new chapters keep you up to date on the latest topics, including:
- methicillin-resistant staphylococcal infections
- exercise-induced collapse of Labrador retrievers
- lymphoma rescue therapy
- acute coccygeal myopathy
- delayed postoperative hemorrhage in greyhounds
- phalangeal disorders
- benzodiazepine toxicosis
- carpal flexural deformity of puppies and kittens
- portal vein thrombosis
- fibrotic myopathy of the caudal thigh muscles
- iron toxicosis
- FAST/TFAST ultrasound exams
- urethral stent placement
- NEW! Clinical guidance has been added to diseases and disorders chapters to help you select appropriate tests and treatments for each patient.
- NEW! 148 bonus online-only chapters on less common topics or topics already covered in detail in other chapters provide additional information that’s available around the clock.
- NEW! 56 two-column tables in the popular Differential Diagnosis section includes the differential diagnosis list on one side and distinguishing characteristics and other ways of working through the differential on the other.
- NEW! Dozens of real-life video clips demonstrate important findings that static images cannot convey, such as characteristic lamenesses and ultrasound findings.
- NEW! Thoroughly reviewed and updated Drug Formulary includes dozens of new medications to keep you apprised of available remedies.
- NEW! Enhanced electronic image collection offers accurate depictions of procedures and clarification of complex concepts, particularly ophthalmologic and dermatologic conditions.
- NEW! Extensive cross referencing throughout the text offers quick access to all pertinent information through the linking of one chapter to another at junctures where they may be most useful.
Table Of Contents:
Section I: Diseases and Disorders
Section II: Procedures and Techniques
Section III: Differential Diagnosis
Section IV: Laboratory Tests
Section V: Clinical Algorithms
Section VI: Drug Formulary
By Etienne Cote, DVM, DACVIM(Cardiology and Small Animal Internal Medicine), Associate Professor, Department of Companion Animals, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, PE, Canada