Now in full color throughout, Duncan and Prasse’s Veterinary Laboratory Medicine: Clinical Pathology, Fifth Edition offers a comprehensive overview of hematology, hemostasis, clinical chemistry, urinalysis, cytology, and reference intervals in a highly accessible outline format. With information on all major domestic species, the text is designed for the reader to quickly find answers to clinical questions. Taking a problem-solving approach to the interpretation of laboratory data, this book includes clinical cases to illustrate the concepts of laboratory data interpretation, with tables and key words to aid readers in locating and applying information.
- Offers an introduction to veterinary clinical pathology in a user-friendly outline format, with the unique responses of dogs, cats, cattle, and horses addressed within each chapter
- Designed to enable the reader to quickly find solutions to clinical problems
- Provides practical guidance on interpreting laboratory data, with a case-based approach to put the concepts described in context
- Updated throughout to reflect advances in knowledge and diagnostic methods, as well as changing practices in veterinary laboratory medicine
- Now in full color throughout with many photomicrographs
- Includes access to a companion website providing images available for download into PowerPoint and references linked to PubMed