The must-have resource drawing together all aspects of hospital care of the horse and specialist techniques in equine medicine. Written by a team of over 30 international experts working at the cutting edge of equine medicine and surgery. The emphasis is on practical, easy-to-access information, with a sound basis in evidence based medicine and full references for further enquiry.
The Equine Hospital Manual covers the range of procedures used on hospitalized adult horses and foals from the simple to the advanced. The book is liberally illustrated with photographs and line drawings.
- Basic skills including physical examination, blood collection, and bandaging
- Advanced skills including mechanical ventilation, lung biopsy and cardiac output measurement
- Designing and setting up an equine hospital
- Therapeutic drugs used in horses and their doses
- Nutrition for hospital patients, including TPN and PPN
- Fluid therapy – choices, amounts and pitfalls
- Anaesthesia – equipment, techniques and post-operative care including analgesia
Table of contents