Clinical Small Animal Internal Medicine is a comprehensive, practical reference designed to meet the needs of veterinary practitioners and students alike. Covering all aspects of small animal internal medicine, this innovative guide provides clinically relevant material, plus podcasts and continual updates online. Concise, identically-formatted chapters allow readers to quickly find the most essential information for clinical veterinary practice.
Contributions from academic and clinical experts cover general medicine subjects, including patient evaluation and management, critical care medicine, preventative care, and diagnostic and therapeutic considerations. Topics relevant to daily clinical practice are examined in detail, ranging from endocrine, cardiovascular, respiratory, and infectious disease to oncology, dermatology, metabolic orthopedic disease, gastroenterology, and hepatology. A companion website features podcasts and updated information. An important addition to the library of any practice, this clinically-oriented text:
- Presents complete, practical information on small animal internal medicine
- Provides the background physiology required to understand normal versus abnormal in real-world clinical settings
- Includes general medicine topics not covered in other internal medicine books
- Focuses on information that is directly applicable to daily practice
- Features podcasts and continual updates on a companion website
Carefully tailored for the needs of small animal practitioners and veterinary students, Clinical Small Animal Internal Medicine is an invaluable, reader-friendly reference on internal medicine of the dog and cat.