Feline Orthopedic Surgery and Musculoskeletal Disease focuses on the treatment of feline orthopedics and traumatology and is written by a specialist team of experienced authors and contributors. It provides thorough color-coded coverage of investigation techniques, diagnosis and step-by-step illustrated descriptions of the surgical techniques.
- Covers the basics of feline anesthesia, analgesia, preoperative and postoperative care of the patient, orthopedic instrumentation and implants
- Contains detailed sections on investigation and diagnosis of feline orthopedic diseases and injuries, with specific chapters on diseases of the footpads and nails, tumors of the musculoskeletal system, and polytrauma
- Surgical techniques of feline orthopedic diseases and injuries are explained step-by-step with many schematic illustrations
- Presents both classical treatments using cost-effective implants and new osteosynthesis techniques using modern implants
- Over 20 new and original surgical methods are includedAuthor Info
By P. M. Montavon, Prof Dr med. Vet., Clinic for Small Animal Surgery, Vetsuisse Faculty University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland; Katja Voss, Dr. med. vet. ECVS, Clinic for Small Animal Surgery, Vetsuisse Faculty University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland and S. J. Langley-Hobbs, MA, BVetMed, DSAS(O), DECVS, MRCVS, The Queens Veterinary School Hospital, Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, UK.