Now in full color, Principles and Practice of Veterinary Technology provides comprehensive coverage of the competencies every vet tech needs to know. Illustrated, step-by-step instructions emphasize the technician's role and responsibilities in each procedure, and dozens of new summary tables and boxes make it easy to find key information. Written by experienced vet tech educator Margi Sirois, this edition offers excellent preparation for clinical practice and for veterinary technician credentialing examinations.
New to this edition:
- New Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, and Complementary Medicine chapter helps you integrate physical rehabilitation, acupuncture, and herbal remedies into practice.
- Expanded coverage of exotics includes handling, restraint, and examination procedures for birds, reptiles, amphibians, and wildlife.
- Over 900 full-color photos and illustrations accurately depict specific disorders, diseases, and procedures, making these easier to learn.
- More tables and boxes summarize key information, to simplify the learning of complex material.
Margi Sirois, EdD, MS, RVT, LAT, Program Director, Veterinary Technician Program, Penn Foster College, Scottsdale AZ, USA
Table Of Contents:
Foundations of Veterinary Practice
1. Overview of Veterinary Technology
2. Ethical, Legal, and Safety Issues in Veterinary Medicine
3. Practice Management
4. Effective Communication in Veterinary Practice
5. Medical Terminology
6. Diagnostic Imaging
7. Hematology and Hemostasis
8. Clinical Chemistry and Serology
9. Microbiology, Cytology, and Urinalysis
11. Pharmacology and Pharmacy
12. Pathology, Response to Disease, and Preventive Medicine
13. Management of Wounds, Fractures, and Other Injuries
14. Anesthesia, Analgesia, and Anesthetic Nursing
15. Principles of Surgical Nursing
16. Fluid Therapy and Blood Transfusion
17. Emergency and Critical Care
19. Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, and Complementary Medicine NEW!
Animal Care and Husbandry
20. Animal Behavior
21. Physical Restraint
22. Patient History and Physical Examination
24. Nursing Care of Dogs and Cats
25. Nursing Care of Horses
26. Nursing Care of Food Animals, Camelids, and Ratites
27. Nursing Care of Companion Birds, Reptiles, and Amphibians
28. Nursing Care of Orphaned and Injured Wild Animals
29. Nursing Care of Laboratory Animals