Rebhun's Diseases of Dairy Cattle, 2nd Edition
is your all-in-one guide to bovine disease management.
With thorough, up-to-date coverage of differential diagnosis methods, surgical and therapeutic treatment options, and prevention strategies, it provides vital information for battling bovine diseases in both dairy and non-dairy cattle.
The book is organized by body system for quick, convenient reference, and this new edition meets the growing need for management of both diseases of individual cows and problems affecting whole herds.New to this edition :
Thomas Divers, DVM, Dipl ACVIM, ACVECC, New York State College of Veterinary Medicine, The Health Science Unit of Cornell University, Department of Clinical Studies, Ithaca, NY, USA; and Simon Peek, BVSc, MRCVS, PhD, Diplomate ACVIM, Clinical Assistant Professor of Large Animal Medicine, Theriogenology, and Infectious Diseases, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- Full-color design and over 200 new photographs depict disease processes in realistic clarity and ensure the most accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- Emphasis on herd health addresses the dairy industry's increased concern over population medicine.
- Expanded coverage of lameness highlights key problem areas in bovine feet.
- Revised drug usage recommendations and legal considerations present the most current information in these critical areas to help you prevent dangerous or costly errors.
- Additional public health/safety considerations identify diseases that pose a substantial public threat and detail special measures for related care of dairy cattle.
- New, innovative DVD features real-time videos of neurologic case studies, ultrasound and endoscopy procedures, and imaging techniques that familiarize you with the latest technological equipment and protocols.
- Features coverage of the latest treatment innovations including antibiotic residue testing, care of individual metabolic disease, troubleshooting, and much more.