Table Of Contents:
Offering comprehensive coverage of core anatomic concepts, this respected, clinically oriented text is the definitive source for a complete understanding of veterinary anatomy. Gain the working anatomic knowledge that is crucial to your understanding of the veterinary basic sciences, as well as detailed information directly applicable to the care of specific animal species, including dogs, cats, horses, cows, pigs, sheep, goats, and birds. Each chapter includes a conceptual overview that describes the structure and function of an anatomic region, accompanied by new full-color dissection photographs that illustrate the relevance of anatomy to successful veterinary practice.Features:
New to this edition :
- Content is logically organized into two main sections – a general introduction to mammalian anatomy and a region-specific breakdown – to make studying more efficient and ensure greater understanding.
- Comprehensive, all-in-one coverage of all major species presents everything you need to master anatomic concepts in one text.
- Focus on essential anatomy of each species delivers just the right level of detail to help you establish a solid foundation for success.
- For the first time all images in the text appear in full color! This lifelike presentation clarifies anatomic concepts and structures in vibrant detail.
- Vivid full-color dissection photographs help you translate anatomic knowledge to clinical practice and confidently perform dissection procedures.
- A companion Evolve Resources website reinforces your understanding and helps you prepare for the NAVLEÒ board exam with 300 exam-style practice questions, a full-color electronic image collection, and more.
Part I: General Anatomy
1. Some Basic Facts and Concepts
2. The Locomotor Apparatus
3. The Digestive Apparatus
4. The Respiratory Apparatus
5. The Urogenital Apparatus
6. The Endocrine Glands
7. The Cardiovascular System
8. The Nervous System
9. The Sense Organs
10. The Common Integument
Part II: Dogs and Cats
11. The Head and Ventral Neck of the Dog and Cat
12. The Neck, Back, and Vertebral Column of the Dog and Cat
13. The Thorax of the Dog and Cat
14. The Abdomen of the Dog and Cat
15. The Pelvis and Reproductive Organs of the Dog and Cat
16. The Forelimb of the Dog and Cat
17. The Hindlimb of the Dog and Cat
Part III: Horses
18. The Head and Ventral Neck of the Horse
19. The Neck, Back, and Vertebral Column of the Horse
20. The Thorax of the Horse
21. The Abdomen of the Horse
22. The Pelvis and Reproductive Organs of the Horse
23. The Forelimb of the Horse
24. The Hindlimb of the Horse
Part IV: Ruminants
25. The Head and Ventral Neck of the Ruminant
26. The Neck, Back, and Tail of the Ruminant
27. The Thorax of the Ruminant
28. The Abdomen of the Ruminant
29. The Pelvis and Reproductive Organs of the Ruminant
20. The Forelimb of the Ruminant
31. The Hindlimb of the Ruminant
Part V: Pigs
32. The Head and Ventral Neck of the Pig
33. The Vertebral Column, Back, and Thorax of the Pig
34. The Abdomen of the Pig
35. The Pelvis and the Reproductive Organs of the Pig
36. The Limbs of the Pig
Part VI: Birds
37. Anatomy of Birds
Author Information :
By K. M. Dyce, DVM S, BSc, MRCVS, Professor Emeritus of Veterinary Anatomy, Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK; W.O. Sack, DVM, PhD, Dr. med. vet., Professor Emeritus of Veterinary Anatomy, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY and C. J. G. Wensing, DVM, PhD, Director of the National Institute of Animal Science and Health (Lelystad), Professor Emeritua of Veterinary Anatomy and Embryology, School of Veterinary Medicine, State University Utrecht, The Netherlands.