Veterinary Echocardiography, Second Edition is a fully revised version of the classic reference for ultrasound of the heart, covering two-dimensional, M-mode, and Doppler examinations for both small and large animal domestic species. Written by a leading authority in veterinary echocardiography, the book offers detailed guidelines for obtaining and interpreting diagnostic echocardiograms in domestic species. Now thoroughly updated to address advances in technology, including better transducers, tissue harmonic imaging, better color flow mapping, and color and spectral tissue Doppler imaging, this second edition provides an authoritative, comprehensive resource for echocardiographers of all levels of experience.
The Second Edition has been restructured to be more user-friendly, with chapters on acquired and congenital heart diseases broken down into shorter disease-specific chapters. Key changes include the addition of normal tissue Doppler technique, as well as five new appendices, covering topics such as normal reference ranges and an exam checklist. Veterinary Echocardiography, Second Edition builds on the success of the previous edition to provide complete information on obtaining echocardiograms in veterinary medicine.
- Fully revised edition of the classic text in veterinary echocardiography, now thoroughly updated to address advances in technology
- Covers the technical aspects of obtaining two-dimensional, M-mode, and Doppler examinations in both small and large domestic species, with accompanying pictures to demonstrate these techniques
- Includes coverage of echocardiographic examination assessment and echocardiographic features of common cardiac diseases, including acquired valvular diseases, features of systemic and pulmonary hypertension, myopathies, pericardial effusion and cardiac masses, congenital shunts, and stenotic lesions
- Key points in the text regarding technique and diagnostic criteria are drawn out in text boxes and tables for easy and quick reference
- Offers detailed guidelines for using and interpreting diagnostic echocardiograms
- Provides a comprehensive reference and instruction manual for echocardiographers of all experience levels
June A. Boon, MS, is an Echocardiographer at Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO.
Table of contents