Breed Predispositions to Disease in Dogs and Cats, Third Edition
provides a comprehensive exploration of current knowledge of breed predispositions based on rigorous examination of primary research.
- Incorporates the latest research, new testing methods, and newly-discovered predispositions and diseases
- Provides expanded information on genetics, epidemiology, and longevity
- Includes key characteristics of diseases, including pathogenesis, genetics, risks, and common presentations
- Indexes dogs and cats by breed, with listings of common inherited and predisposed disorders organized by body system
- Includes absolute and relative frequency/occurrence data for conditions, along with references to further information
, MA, VetMB, CertSAM, CertVC, PG Cert (Neuroimaging), MRCVS, is Head of Referrals at Bath Veterinary Referrals, Bath, UK. He is Vice Chair of the Clinical Board of a large veterinary group and author of numerous veterinary books, chapters and articles.
, BVSc, CertSAM, MRCVS, is Senior Vet at the Blue Cross Animal Hospital in Victoria, London, UK. She holds the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Certificate and has been awarded Advanced Practitioner status in Small Animal Medicine.
, MVB BSc(hons) GPCert(SAP) GPCert(FelP) GPCert(Derm) GPCert(B&PS) MSc(VetEpi) PhD MRCVS, is Senior Lecturer in Companion Animal Epidemiology at the Royal Veterinary College in London, UK. He is a leader on the VetCompassTM Programme and prolific writer.