The only drug formulary on the market created solely for the treatment of exotic animals, Exotic Animal Formulary, 5th Edition addresses the most common questions and medical situations encountered in clinical practice. Using clear, current recommendations on drugs, indications, and dosages, this text helps you find the information you need fast. Written by clinical and research veterinarian James Carpenter, it includes biological tables with details on therapies and diets, normal blood parameters of common species, venipuncture sites, differential diagnosis, and medical protocols for common conditions. This thoroughly revised edition includes coverage of antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiparasitic agents, along with new chapters on invertebrates, backyard poultry and waterfowl, compound medications, and more!
- NEW! Chapter on backyard poultry and waterfowl, an increasingly popular pet in the U.S.
- UPDATED Chapter on wildlife includes new information on: considerations for developing a wildlife policy in private practice; recommendations for safe restraint of native wildlife; recommendations for meat withdrawal times in game species for select medications; agents used in wild mammal emergencies; and much more.
- NEW! Information details the euthanasia agents used in fish.
- NEW! Information on amphibians includes the blood collection sites and the selected disinfectants for equipment and cage furniture.
- NEW! Information on hedgehogs includes common differential diagnoses based on physical examination findings and confirmed zoonotic diseases carried by hedgehogs.
- NEW Information on the constant rate infusion (CRI) protocols used in rabbits.
- NEW! Information on the protein electrophoresis values for ferrets.
- NEW! Information on compounding pharmacies.