The only drug formulary on the market created solely for the treatment of exotic animals, Exotic Animal Formulary, 5th Edition addresses the most common questions and medical situations encountered in clinical practice. Using clear,
current recommendations on drugs, indications, and dosages, this text
helps you find the information you need fast. Written by clinical and
research veterinarian James Carpenter, it includes biological tables
with details on therapies and diets, normal blood parameters of common
species, venipuncture sites, differential diagnosis, and medical
protocols for common conditions. This thoroughly revised edition
includes coverage of antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiparasitic
agents, along with new chapters on invertebrates, backyard poultry and
waterfowl, compound medications, and more!
- NEW! Chapter on backyard poultry and waterfowl, an increasingly popular pet in the U.S.
- UPDATED Chapter on wildlife includes new information on:
considerations for developing a wildlife policy in private practice;
recommendations for safe restraint of native wildlife; recommendations
for meat withdrawal times in game species for select medications; agents
used in wild mammal emergencies; and much more.
- NEW! Information details the euthanasia agents used in fish.
- NEW! Information on amphibians includes the blood collection sites and the selected disinfectants for equipment and cage furniture.
- NEW! Information on hedgehogs includes common differential
diagnoses based on physical examination findings and confirmed zoonotic
diseases carried by hedgehogs.
- NEW Information on the constant rate infusion (CRI) protocols used in rabbits.
- NEW! Information on the protein electrophoresis values for ferrets.
- NEW! Information on compounding pharmacies.